With every additional step, more ingredients or packaging materials are added and the product is at an increased risk of physical hazard. From rubber gaskets and seals to loose metals to plastic pieces, the types of foreign material that can enter finished product are almost endless. In some cases, even the technology used to minimize risk can create risk itself due to equipment wear and tear.
What types of products can FlexXray inspect for foreign material contamination? We have experience inspecting a range of CPG products, including (but not limited to):
- Frozen and microwavable meals
- Cereals, oatmeals, breakfast bars and sandwiches, toaster pastries
- Frozen protein including burgers, chicken breasts and veggie burgers
- Frozen pies and pastries
- Ice cream, dairy dips, cheese and yogurt
- Protein bars, granola bars and candy bars
- Burritos and chimichangas
- Baby formula and baby food
Foreign material contamination can happen to anyone at any time. If you operate in the consumer packaged goods industry and have product on hold, whether or not you see that product listed above, contact FlexXray today. Our team is available around-the-clock to inspect your product and ensure it’s safe for market.