Modern equipment, in particular, carries a significant risk of foreign material contamination, as it could break, erode or fail. FlexXray finds what in-line inspection equipment may miss due to speed or calibration limitations, including bone, grinder blades, other metals, stone, glass, gaskets, plastic, buckshot, wood, product clumps and other common physical contaminants found in protein products.
“We have used FlexXray as our provider of inspection services for many years because of their efficiency and expertise in identifying minute pieces of debris, allowing us to salvage as much product as we can. This is not something we can conduct in-house.”
—Meat & Poultry Manufacturer
What types of products can FlexXray inspect for foreign material contamination? We have experience inspecting a range of products in the protein category—fresh or frozen, in a block, ground or sliced, raw or precooked—including:
- All varieties and cuts of fresh chicken, beef, pork, turkey and seafood
- Frozen chicken, beef, pork, turkey and seafood
- Ground beef, turkey, chicken and pork
- Sliced and whole blocks of deli meats
- Jerky and other snack meats
- Pre-cooked and sliced meats, such as fajita meat
- Canned or jarred beef, pork, chicken and seafood
Foreign material contamination can happen to anyone at any time. Your protein product is too valuable to end up in a landfill. If you operate in the protein industry and have product on hold, whether or not you see that product listed above, contact FlexXray today. Our team is available around-the-clock to inspect your product and ensure it’s safe for market.