Detect Metal and Other Food Contaminants 0.8mm or Smaller
With 30 inspection lines nationwide, we’re here when the inevitable “oh, crap” moment strikes:
- An employee realizes the nosepiece on his goggles is missing
- A bolt from one of your machines fell off at some point during the last production run
- A gasket that was in place this morning is suddenly missing in the afternoon
- An employee notices that a bit of harp wire is missing during a sanitation break
Is your inline equipment always going to catch that plastic nosepiece? That bolt? That speck of harp wire? Probably not.
FlexXray Can Find What Inline Machines Often Miss
With our advanced, medical-grade X-ray technology paired with a responsive team of food inspection experts, FlexXray can complete a thorough inspection faster than competitors can get you a quote, and quicker than it would take you to re-run the product through your inline metal detectors. Our streamlined process saves you time, resources and, quite possibly, a lawsuit or recall.
We understand that your top priority is to find the contaminant, understand exactly where it was found and get the salvaged product to retailers and consumers as fast as possible.
Our X-ray Food Inspection Process
At FlexXray, we can detect metal, glass particles, stones, bone, rubber, plastic, gasket material, product clumps, container defects, wood and missing components 0.8mm or smaller — and we maintain traceability every step of the way. Here’s how our process works:
- You send your bracketed product to one of our facilities in Texas or Connecticut. (Or, you can rent our equipment and do the inspection at your facility.)
- FlexXray inspects it within hours, often while the driver waits.
- We maintain traceability throughout the entire process, noting the pallet, batch and lot numbers where the contaminant was located.
- You get the clean product back.
- Within 24 to 48 hours of the inspection, we send you an in-depth report of our findings.
It’s that simple.
There’s no one-size-fits-all solution, so we’re happy to discuss other options, such as our X-ray rental systems.